Merit Academy is committed to preparing students and their families to thrive and grow with independence and accountability in life while implementing an individualized, holistic, structured, nurturing approach at school, home, and in the community.
Our vision is to build a school that is a resource to students, their families, and the community for learning, living independently, and growing, despite the challenges they were born with.
- • A holistic approach is necessary for life-long learning and independence.
- • All students should be treated with respect and dignity and be treated as an individual.
- • Diversity should be embraced and promoted in the learning environment.
- • School should be a clean, organized, sanitary environment that does not distract from learning.
- • Accountability is an integral part of life and learning, for students and staff.
- • Each student deserves a fair, individualized, challenging curriculum and behavior plan that prepares them for life.
- • All students thrive in a structured, nurturing environment.
- • Our name is our virtue. All student are worthy of MERIT, to claim respect and praise.
Merit Academy also offers before care and after care for families who need it as well as extra-curricular after school activities. A social group meets twice a week after school. Our own Boy Scout troop meets once a week, and Karate is offered once a week. Private tutoring is available as well as educational training and support for parents, including home-based behavior modification training for the family.